We know that Widex and Sivantos announced their agreement on merge On May 16. In fact, the merger and acquisition happen a lot in hearing healthcare industry. Since the 1990s, it had never been stopped.
The article from Hearing Review lists some important cases happened in the last 25 years. Below is part of the list.
You could visit their website to see the full content.
- Siemens purchases Rexton Danplex
- GN purchases ReSound to become GN ReSound.
- Starkey Laboratories purchases Micro-Tech.
- GN purchases Beltone.
- WDH purchases AVADA.
- Phonak purchases Hansaton.
- Amplifon purchases Sonus (1300 offices)
- Amplifon purchases National Hearing Centers (54 offices).
- GN purchases Interton.
- Sonova announces purchase of GN ReSound, but pulls out of deal in 2007 after being blocked by German anti-trust court (a ruling that was reversed in 2010).
- ON Semiconductor purchases AMI Semiconductor.
- WDH purchases ListenUp!
- HearUSA locks horns over payments to, and is eventually purchased by, Siemens.
- Sonova group integrates Hansaton.
- Sonova purchases AudioNova (Europe’s 2nd largest HA retailer).
- IntriCon purchases Hearing Help Express.
- Sivantos purchases TruHearing.
What will happen next? Let’s looking forward to hearing more news.
Post date: May 28th, 2018